Nothing gets us into the festive fall season like these delicious fall cocktails from Martha Stewart Weddings and The Knot. These are perfect for a fall themed engagement party or wedding and will be sure to impress your guests and get them into the spirit!
Fall Manhattan- Martha Stewart Weddings Fall 2007
Photography: Thayer Allyson Gowdy
- 1 1/2 ounces applejack
- 1 1/2 ounces rye whiskey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- A few dashes orange bitters
- About 2 ounces Champagne
- Blood-orange rind cut into strips for garnish
- Combine applejack, whiskey, maple syrup, and bitters in a cocktail shaker, and shake over ice. Strain into a 6-ounce martini glass, and top with Champagne. Garnish with orange rind, and serve.
Orange Maple Whiskey Cocktail- The Knot
Photography: Sarah Love Photography
- Maple syrup
- Orange bitters
- Orange wedge
- Splash of club soda
Step 1: Measure out 2 tablespoons of syrup and add it to a lowball glass along with 2 dashes of orange bitters. Squeeze an orange wedge to the mix and muddle slightly before adding a handful of ice.
Step 2: Add 2 ounces of whiskey to the cocktail and top with a splash of club soda before stirring.
Step 3: Top with fresh orange zest and serve.
Rob Rose-Martha Stewart Weddings Fall 2015
- Rose water (Fee Brothers Rose Water, $7, kegworks.com)
- 1⁄2 ounce Amaro CioCiaro liqueur
- 2 ounces Compass Box Spice Tree malt scotch whiskey
- Rose petal, for garnish
- Fill an atomizer with rose water and spray an old-fashioned glass with four sprays.
- Add liqueur, scotch, and ice. Stir and garnish with rose petal.
Sidenote: (Rose water is the scented secret to this wedding-worthy scotch concoction by New York City mixologist Tom Richter.)