As promised, we are back with the part 2 of the savory fall drinks that we love from Martha Stewart Weddings and The Knot!
Vanilla Pear Cocktail– The Knot
- Pear-flavored vodka (we like Absolut Pears)
- Pear juice
- Vanilla bean
- La Croix Peach-Pear flavored sparkling water
- To make one drink, pour a single shot of the vodka into a shaker, and mix it with a half cup of pear juice.
- Place the vanilla bean on a hard surface like a cutting board, and using a paring knife, slice the vanilla bean lengthwise. Then, using the knife (or even a spoon), scrape the seeds out of the inside of the vanilla bean and into the juice mixture. Shake everything to combine.
- Pour over ice into a highball glass. Top everything off by adding a splash of the flavored sparkling water to your cocktail. Now just add a straw and enjoy!
Pumpkin White Russian- The Knot
- Pumpkin-flavored vodka (try Crop Organic Spiced Pumpkin)
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Heavy cream
- Add 4 ounces of the pumpkin-flavored vodka to a tumbler along with 2 ounces of Kahlua and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. Shake to combine.
- Add a handful of ice to a lowball glass and pour in the drink mixture, filling the glass halfway. Finish the cocktail by filling the rest of the glass with heavy cream. Now just stir and serve!
Hot Apple Cider with sugared cranberries- Martha Stewart Weddings (MSW Fall 2012)
- 2 1/4 cups apple cider
- 2 whole allspice berries
- 3 ounces bourbon or dark rum
- Sugared Cranberries
- Bring cider and allspice to a boil in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat and cover. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Skim foam and strain, discarding the allspice.
- Ladle 1/2 cup hot cider into each mug, and add 3/4 ounce bourbon or dark rum.
- Garnish each glass with two sugared cranberries skewered on a stir stick.
Cider Sangria- Martha Stewart Weddings
- 6 cups green seedless grapes
- 4 kiwis, peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
- 8 small apples, such as lady apples or crab apples, thinly sliced, stems and seeds removed
- 1 bottle (750 ml) dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 quart apple cider
- 1 cup apple brandy, such as Calvados
- Freeze half of the grapes on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place remaining grapes in a large pitcher with kiwis and apples. Stir in wine, cider, and brandy.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours. Partially fill drinking glasses with frozen grapes and fill with sangria.